11/23/2005

Thanksgiving Eve

Well, it's a little after 8:00 in the evening, and the big day is tomorrow. The pies are baked, the corn custard is ready, stock is made for the gravy, special cranberry sauce waits in the freezer, and all sorts of goodies are ready for final preparation. I made two pumpkin pies, one apple streusel, one HUGE mince pie, a walnut-chocolate chip pie, and an apple cranberry tart. I will pull the pumkin bread out of the frrezer in the morning, and break out a rum cake I purchased on a whim. It feels good to know that my family is able to come together and share a meal, as well as memories. My guests will include my husbands 94 year old mother, as well as two of our three chidren and two grand daughters, one of whom is bringing her beloved. Every year I say "I wish someone would invite us to THEIR house for Thanksgiving", and of course it never happens because I seem to be the designated cook in the family. And I don't mind, really---especially since I don't have to help with the clean-up.
If indeed someone is reading this, I wish you a peaceful Thanksgiving with your family and friends. Remember the good things in your life and be thankful. Auntie Lorraine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home