3/05/2005

After dinner comments

Yum! the finishing touch was added to the pan of vegetables and tofu just before I put it in the oven when my daughter sprinkled dried basil, and chopped, dried rosemary over the whole thing. The smells coming from the oven while dinner was cooking were incredible! We all enjoyed the flavors of the roasted brussel sprouts as well as the mushrooms, both of which had taken on a sweetness that is hard to describe.

Even though a salad may seem to be "vegetable overload" the crispness of the greens was a perfect accompaniment to the tenderness of the roasted vegetable, and was devoured with gusto! Dessert was going to have to wait, because we felt so satisfied with the dinner. We shared a very nice bottle of wine---a shiraz cabernet, which was quite satisfying.

I encourage you to try including tofu in your repertoire, because it is so versatile and is a very good source of protein that contains no cholesterol. Let me know what you think! I am interested in comments regarding anything that I suggest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More tofu ideas, Auntie, please!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home